Friday, February 6, 2009

तोय

Holy cow this thing is fun! I just impulse bought a Rosco Light Pad the other day. It's basically a little fiber optic LED grid that's pretty darn bright and super compact. They are supposed to be used in car dashboards during filming to simulate ambient light, but I can see the possibilities going far beyond that! I picked up the 6x6" model for about $180, and you can get smaller or larger models as well. They've been talking about these things on Strobist a lot lately, and I just had to get one. It fits in my camera bag, and I can't wait to try it out for backstage impromptu portraits. It weighs nothing so I can see mounting it to a camera easily. Here are a couple of pictures I just snapped off...

3 comments:

Jace said...

i like the snaps, and the technology sounds intriguing. however, i must say, in the bottom print you look a little pale for living in a city with 320 some odd days of sunshine

Megan E Thompson said...

I wear sunscreen like it's my job, and my real job keeps me in front of my Mac about 60 hours a week. I don't make it to the beach too much.
I'm also Scottish

Jace said...

just messing with ya