Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
- Visual Server samples: Chris Anderson | Leslie McDaniel | Brittany Nelson
- LiveBooks samples: Cali Frankovic | Ryan Krueger | Jay Maidment (non-MSU)
- Bludomain sample: Megan Thompson
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
First message from checkout: with the impending graduation of a crew made (mostly) of seniors, photo checkout needs student workers for the next academic year! Interested? Either click here for the information & application PDF, or visit photo checkout to pick up a printed copy. Applications received by the end of this week (Friday, May 8th, 5 pm) will be given preference.
Second message from checkout: You know those mostly empty showcases in the upstairs hallway of the VCB building, by the instructor offices? I'm looking to fill those with your work! I know finals season is a busy time, but I've extended the deadline, so if you have some work you'd like to display, either click here for the information PDF, or visit photo checkout to pick up a printed copy.
The half message from checkout is that I received an order from Freestyle, and I now have quite a few empty boxes available for people to take home and adopt. Are you moving soon? Do you need cardboard to get ready for an ambitious Halloween project? Perhaps you have a litter of kittens that need a nice towel-lined place to sleep. Come take a box! You can have a bunch of styrofoam packing peanuts too, but those are optional, and not recommended for kitten use.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
- Create an action in Photoshop for the listed dimensions, editing the horizontal dimension
- Create a second action, but edit the vertical dimension to the specified size.
- After these two actions are created, open Bridge, navigate to your folder of final images (ideally the JPEGs you printed from), select all the horizontal images, and select Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor.
- In the image processor window, choose where to save the new images (saving in same location is easiest). Check the box to save as JPEG. Warning: if you forget to check this box, you risk overwriting your full size images. Type in '10' for the Quality box.
- At the bottom, check the "Run Action" box, select your action for which orientation of images you selected in Bridge, either horizontals or verticals.
- Click on the run button, and your images will automatically be saved for the CD. Make some coffee, take jog, or put on some music, as this processing can take several minutes.
- Don't forget to repeat steps 3-6 for your vertical images.