Friday, October 12, 2007

Not a bad way to spend the afternoon

I just got back from out shooting on the mountain, above Kirks hill. I have been grouse hunting it lately and saw some stuff to that I wanted to shoot. Referance image for where I was: Pretty dense, making it hard to see very far. After I was out for a bit I packed up my stuff and started working my way back to my truck parked on a logging road down below. As I was getting close I was looking ahead to see where my truck was, to see a cougar 100ft down the hill from me looking at me. I grew up in Idaho and spent most of my time in and around the hills hunting and training and I only once saw a cougar, and even then it was on a far hillside. So im standing there and all the hair on my body stood on end and I froze. It looked at me for a sec then started to move, very quickly I might add, down the hill. Cougars dont really go for humans often unless they are small. I had my camera backpack on which isnt small and im about 5'6", so I dont think it would have come after me, but when you get to see how big they are (twice as big as a good sized Lab or Golden Retriever) I think anyone would freak. It was then I remembered my camera, which was on my tripod over my shoulder, but by the time I got it down and on, it was gone. I looked around to see if I could still see it but they are fast. Maybe next time.

No comments: