Sunday, February 7, 2010

The start of an on-going series

I'm thinking of starting a series on woman, I know it's very winogrand, and these are some beginning images. The film it's self is very thin and the image of her welding is from the second batch I over developed. I hope to photograph her later this week and set up another portrait with some fill light and really work on getting one great portrait. This however was my first time out to her shop and I wanted to explore how I wanted to photograph her. Let me know what you think. Keep in mind I quickly photoshopped these, they are really gelatine silver prints, and I didn't them dust well.

2 comments:

Jace said...

Marta, as i said before i would like to see better exposures but i think you are on the right track. i think the subject matter (attractive woman performing a typically man's job) is awesome and can seriously be explored. i like the whole film noir approach to the welding though and look forward to seeing more.

Bayard said...

these are beautiful images, I'd like to see more