Friday, September 5, 2008

Twitter anyone?

Yesterday I wrote up a post on my blog about Twitter. I've been thinking about it more since then, and I thought I'd try and get a discussion going here about it.

It seems like a potentially awesome means of communication, but it would require some effort from those involved. The most promising use that I've heard of, and what I would really like to see happen in the photo realm, is a public instant messenging forum. We all use our phones to send/receive text messages; why not have roaming discussions with several people at a time whenever a thought pops into our heads?

Does anyone here use it? Would anyone be interested in expanding our little blog community into the micro-blogosphere? How practical is this sort of thing, really? Is it just another trend, doomed to die a horrible death, or is there some value in the technology?

No comments: