Friday, May 8, 2009

Nik is sweet

I recently bought Nik Sharpener 3.0 and am amazed at the results coming out of it. It is a plugin for photoshop that includes RAW and output sharpening in a great interface that allows amazing control over the effects. You can sharpen smaller details, line sharpen, or selectively sharpen quck and easy. This thing makes PixelGenius look like it was made by Fisher Price, check it out... Sharpener 3.0 , i am yet to try out there noise reduction or B+W conversion plugins but i have heard good things

4 comments:

Ian van Coller said...

Hey man, Fisher Price is cool!!!

Leslie McDaniel said...

I used the Nik Silver Efex on my adoption portraits and loved it. You can choose the type of film you want to mimic and the grain size and everything. Very realistic film-like results. I used the sharpener, too, until the trial ran out on both. :-(

Ian van Coller said...

I will have to try it. Maybe they can give us a group rate, unlike pixelgenius.

Kelly Gorham said...

I use Nik sharpener, silver FX and dfine. I would suggest using dfine sparingly as the effect can be too pronounced sometimes. Silver Fx makes you think like BW film again.