Saturday, October 22, 2011

I get why they charge so much for couture now

So i think i have finally settled on a process that conveys the emotions i want for my project (pinhole, embroidery and encaustic [it isn't encaustic in this image though]) this image symbolizes hope. Im very excited with this new direction, any thought on size, keeping in mind that this took a solid 12+ hours to stitch and its a 8x8 and i don't want to have to do something ridiculous to dip them in wax (unless you know of somewhere that would let me fill large tubs with wax)

6 comments:

Collin Avery said...

I think this is a much more successful direction you are taking. Compared to what you showed at the last critique, this image is a lot less literal and able to convey a multitude of emotions without force feeding your idea to the viewer.

Good job Halli!

Justin L. Stewart said...

This is nice

Anonymous said...

I like this direction better as well. Though, I would like to see the body more integrated with the background, instead of just being an object in front of a pattern. The outline of the shoulders, especially the left one, just look odd to me, like a jagged photoshop layer that ends abruptly. Maybe if the string appeared to be attached to the figure or something? If that makes sense...

nash addicks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nash addicks said...

This is fuckin' awesome!!! I think 8x8 would be a good size since you are dealing with encaustic. I also like the use of pinhole giving your images a more soft focus and unknown of you exact shape. I felt like some of you earlier images you posted seemed to forced and way to defined. Keep it up!

Ian van Coller said...

Can we please refrain from expletives on the Department Blog.

Also, please use usernames that are recognizable.

Thanks