Saturday, April 16, 2011

How do these look?

I'm experimenting with project ideas. I have three parallel projects going right now, all of which try to accurately show the quality of life over here, and the resilient culture (despite little or no infrastructure throughout most of Iraq).
(Above) Roadside cafe, near Fallujah. Dozens, if not hundreds of these line major highways, mixed in with makeshift truck stops. I have a small army of B&W converted images so far, but I'm not sure how or if I will use them. D300, Nikkor 80-200/2.8D, 1/350, F2.8, ISO 1600
This is from a collection of images of the lowest income class at work (Iraqis that, on average, make about $2.20 US per day, or about $800 per year). Taken along the main divided highway from Basrah up through Baghdad, Fallujah, and Ramadi, to Syria. D300, Sigma 17-50/2.8, 1/800, F5.6, ISO 400
This is from a project I have that is a collection of misc. portraits of Iraqis and their business. This young Sunni boy waits outside his family's gas station all day. I've only seen him with a handful of customers since the beginning of the year. From what I can tell, his family's house is about a two mile walk off the highway through a salt field. D300, Nikkor 80-200/2.8D, 1/125, F5.6, ISO 400

1 comment:

Cam said...

I love the night image. I just wish it wasn't so noisy