Thursday, June 10, 2010

Warped Tour Documentary Project

Hey guys! I'm trying to raise funds to head out on this Summer's Van's Warped Tour. I've started a Kickstarter page (great site to keep in mind for projects), and if any of you know anyone who can donate even a dollar to help me out on the road this Summer I would be eternally grateful. Thank you in advance, have a great Summer, and I hope to see some of you around the country on Warped! Here is a summary of my proposal...

I'll be heading out on this Summer's Van's Warped Tour. My job will be documenting several bands for various publications, and companies. In addition what I really want to do is complete a portraiture project documenting how the bands change physically from week to week as well as interview members to document how relationships change over the grueling two month tour. This is a project I want to continue after Warped is over with other touring musicians, but I figure that Warped is the best possible tour to begin, due to the high concentration of artists, and the diversity that lies in each bus. Atheists share buses with Christian acts, while bands partaking in drugs share tight quarters with straight edge kids. It's a strange microcosm of the music scene, where youngsters and veterans share the same stage and fans every day, and it's been a dream of mine to document it for eight years. Your support will help reimburse the cost of riding on a bus each day ($100 a day), and help to cover health insurance and student loan interest. I'll post daily updates, interviews, and photos from the tour on a blog so that backers can see my progress out on the road.

No comments: