Monday, July 13, 2009

Camera insurance?

Hello everyone! Wow it has been a long time since I've talked to any of you or posted on this blog. Mostly I've been rambling about in Alaska for the past year, being unemployed and hanging out with brown bears. Now I'm headed to South America for a couple of months to further avoid the whole "reality" thing. So I'm looking to get some insurance against theft or damage (self inflicted or otherwise) and I was wondering what everyone here uses. I've heard some good things about state farm, but I'm looking for cheap insurance to cover about $2,500 worth of gear. Any recommendations? Also, here are some random photos of bears. Hurray. `Danielle Elliott


pmcmanus said...

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. I am sure you are experiencing some very cool things in Alaska and also will be in South America as well. I want to see some portraits of people from Alaska. Watch out for bears! Keep photographing and posting!

pmcmanus said...

Sorry I don't know anything about insurance!

Kelly Gorham said...

You'll want what's called an "inland marine policy". I get mine through Safeco insurance. State Farm doesn't have a policy that will cover the equipment if it leaves your home. My Safeco policy covers all the gear no matter what. Also look at for links to companies that provide insurance specifically for photographers.