Friday, July 15, 2011

No Digital, No Problem

Greetings to all! This summer has been great thus far, but I keep finding myself in places where I don't want to bring my Pentax for reasons such as weight or the possibility of theft. This is why this summer has been devoted to the art of disposables. Costco develops and prints these latent image gems for cheap, but the prints look a little sub par to say the least. But when you scan the negs, there is a fairly decent tonal range and the details aren't bad either. The first was one of many bare chested brutes walking the Butte Folk Festival last weekend, The second, a hike up Hardscrabble to shed some summer corn snow. Let it be known, disposables are small, cheap, almost indestructible, and if lost won't cost a lot to replace (unlike digital point and shoots.) All in all an alright choice for snapshots of summer adventures, if you don't mind scanning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not use a Holga, or other plastic camera instead of going through a plastic body each roll? Seems more economical, imo.

John Schlepp said...

I like the way you think! I am looking for one of those cheap film point and shoot cameras. I just need to find some cheap color film for it as well. Though, there is a fun social aspect to disposables when someone asks you what you go to school for. . . .