Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sports Shooter Academy SSAVI

The Sports Shooter Academy was one of the best learning experiences I have had with photography. I learned so much in the 5 days at this workshop, it was totally worth it and I recommend it to everyone. Thanks to all of them and to all of the other participants who I made such great connections with. The workshop consisted of students and faculty(the likes of which shoot for Sports Illustrated and the LA Times) shooting NCAA events throughout each day and then having long critiques/discussions at the end of each day. Mind you this is from 8 am to around 2am the next morning, we got no sleep! Thank you also to Nikon for providing all the equipment for the students to use and for paying the tuition for all the students who attended the workshop. It was a great experience! Thanks to all the faculty, to Robert Hanashiro, Ron Taniwaki, Myung J. Chun, Matt Brown, Michael Goulding, Rod Mar, Jordan Murph, Wally Skalij, and Bill Pekala.

3 comments:

Megan Dunbar said...

These look great Megan. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I really like the bikes, the volleyball girl, and the runners where they are cut in half. Is sport photography what you want to do for a career? I worked for a guy in belgrade for a few months and by the looks of these photos you could definitely teach him a thing or two. keep it up!

Ian van Coller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg Haywood-Sullivan said...

I did not mean for that comment to imply that I haven't learned anything in college. I learned a lot about sports photography and sports photography only in this workshop. I have learned an immense amount of photography techniques and about my own vision in college thus far and I am extremely happy with my education here.