Friday, February 15, 2008

Unwanted Sickness

Im working on a article for Non-fiction about being sick. I chose this image for the cover of my article and I was wondering some things. It the focus on the tissues distracting? The images was not suppose to be of the person so I chose to keep them in the background. Its more about being sick and the feeling of laying in bed suffering through it. Should I change it. Then the next question is, keep the exposure dark. I use the AlienBees to fill and make the light look like its naturally coming in the window behind the subject. I feel like the image should be dark. you don't sleep with the lights on, but it does look under exposed. Any other thought would help too. Thanks Exposure I wanted: Exposure for comparison:

3 comments:

zallen said...

Go with some where in the middle. I would say leave the background dark and maybe brighten up the foreground slightly. The focus does not bother me

Chris Ebeling said...

I agree, find middle ground, try desaturating to get that bleak look without it being excessively dark. I like the focus, it gives nice depth expansion.

Bayard said...

I agree with Chris E. that you could desaturate the images a bit to give a stylized look, if that's what you're going for.