Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mordancage Workshop

Hey all,  I just got back from turkey, haven't developed the film yet, but I took a bunch of photos.  Anyway, a couple of months ago I randomly sent Elizabeth Opalenik! an email asking her if she needed a TA for an upcoming mordancage workshop she was instructing at the F295 symposium.  After many emails and a conversation she decided to take me on.  It was an amazing experience and I learned so much about the process from the master herself.  I just thought I would share as a reminder that sometimes a shot in the dark actually works out.  In other words, send those random emails to famous photographers, it just might turn into an invaluable experience.  Also, I am moving to SAN FRANCISCO in August, I will be passing through town on my way, but if you guys are ever in the bay just get a hold of me and you will have a place to crash.

No comments: