Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Flatiron

When Chris, Max, Aly, Steph, and I got to the flatiron we started looking for the spot Stieglitz took his photo from. We actually had some success. It is now in what is the dog sh** area of the park. Stieglitz's photo was taken about (I am assuming) 10-20 feet behind me (this photo) with a 4x5 and a longer lens. It was not possible for me to stand in that spot, as there are new trees everywhere. This tree is not the same tree, but it looked similar enough for me to shoot the photo in this spot instead. It resembles Alfred Stieglitz's rather well, considering I am using a cell phone. Courtesy of Masters of Photography @ http://www.masters-of-photography.com/images/full/stieglitz/stieglitz_flatiron_building.jpg

3 comments:

Ian van Coller said...

Fantastic!!!

Alexis Pike said...

Mr. Stieglitz would be proud of the cell phone pic. The question I have, did you go to the Shake Shack after you took this photo?

Aly said...

Sadly, no. But to make up for it we went to the Stieglitz, Steichen, and Strand show at the Met!!