Sunday, May 16, 2010

New York Photo Festival

I attended the New York Photo Festival in the Dumbo area of Brooklyn, New York this weekend. Although I think the event could have been somewhat more organized and included more lectures and presentations, I took the most from my opportunity and met several artists, curators, and educators who have motivated me to work hard and stay passionate about photography. To give you an idea of some of the lectures I attended and artists I met I have posted some notes from the first day's lecture presented by Aperture Foundation on my blog. This lecture included talks from Justine Reyes, Hank Willis-Thomas, and Brian Ulrich. I will be posting more from the festival in the near future as time permits. I will also be posting photos from my travels as I get them developed and scanned. I hope you get a chance to read my blog and possibly leave comments. I encourage everyone to attend as many photography festivals, conferences, lectures, presentations, and exhibitions as you can as they are a great way to meet the rest of the photography community, gain valuable contacts, and attain new found passion for photography. Enjoy.

No comments: